Feast of Tabernacles, UK - 2021
Feast of Tabernacles 2021 in TORQUAY, DEVON
The lovely waterside Imperial Hotel, in Torquay, England, will again be host to the Feast of Tabernacles in the United Kingdom. The Torbay Suite, overlooking the bay, provides a wonderful setting for services and fellowship. In addition to services, the following events are planned:
- As 2020 was the 400th anniversary of the departure from Plymouth of the Pilgrim Fathers, we suggest you include a visit to the docks in Plymouth from where they set sail.
- Weather permitting, the legendary castle ruins of Tintagel, where King Arthur may have ruled in the 500’s AD is a worthwhile outing.
- We'll plan couple of group meals in the oldest pub in Torquay, The Hole in the Wall, which has been serving meals and drinks to smugglers and businessmen since around 1540.
- Keep an eye open for the popular river journey followed by steam train in the South Devon region.
Torquay is part of the Devon coast often referred to as the English Riviera. The four-star Victorian Imperial Hotel, overlooking Torbay, is the site chosen for the 2021 Feast of Tabernacles in the United Kingdom. We encourage those attending this Feast site to enjoy the occasional meal and fellowship in the plush and relaxing environment. Accomodation options within easy walking distance of the hotel may be more affordable, but if you want a lovely sea view, many of the rooms at the Imperial are superb.
Services will be in the Torbay Suite, except for Sunday (venue to be announced). The hall is conveniently in the main hotel, and has a large sea-view window. The room will hold up to 150 in attendance.
View The Torbay Suite at the Imperial Hotel website.
Accommodation at the Imperial Hotel
The standard rooms at the Imperial Hotel are pleasant but may not have a sea view. For a modest additional cost you can have a sea-facing room where you will be rewarded with an ever-changing view of the bay. Spread over seven floors, this hotel has 152 stylish and comfortable bedrooms. They have, among other facilities, comfortable beds, plumped-up pillows, en suite bathrooms and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Those accepted for the UK site will book directly with the hotel staff using the reference "COGWA," who will verify the booking against a list of those accepted to the site. So please make sure you are accepted before trying to book. If you have any special needs, please discuss them with the reservation team.
Here are the standard rates for Bed and Breakfast per room:
- Standard Room: £130 2-adults, B&B
Please ask for details if you would like these options:
- Standard Room with dinner, B&B
- Family Room (children’s breakfast charged as taken)
- Family Room and Dinner (children’s dinner charged as taken)
Supplements to upgrade;
Standard Sea Facing £35.00 per room, per night
Rooms at the above rates will be subject to availability.
Additional information about self-catering accommodation nearby will be provided on request. There is also a camp site in two miles where caravans can be hired.
Arrivals and departures
Exeter Airport is 25 miles from Torquay. Flights arrive from Paris, Dublin, Edinburgh, London, etc.
Torquay is a 3 hour drive from London, although if you decide to fly to Heathrow, National Express bus travels to Torquay for about £30pp.
Plymouth is one hour away by car and also has many places of interest to visit.
First Service: Monday, 20th September, at 7:30 p.m. in the Torbay Suite, Imperial Hotel.